The reason I consider Google Chrome better than Firefox or Opera is because of it speedy browsing facility and other free available services.
I will not talk about Internet Explorer because the only time I use that browser is to look out for an another browser :) :) hahaha
Also Read : Reveal Passwords Hidden Behind Asterisks (****)
How To Make Google Chrome Use / Consume Less Memory
Solutions for Google Chrome Consuming Too Much Memory
- One of the most easiest solution to this problem is that avoid opening too much tabs.If you have a RAM of medium capacity, then opening too many tabs will surely slow down your browsing. Cut down on your tabs and then notice the difference in your browsing experience.
- Another solution is to avoid using too many unnecessary Chrome extensions. These extensions also consume much of your precious memory even when you are not actively using them. So, whats the point in having them anyway. If you have already installed too many extensions go to Settings----->Extensions and remove whichever you feel is not required for you. Please note that there is something called as Bookmarklets or User scripts. These are alternatives to your Google Chrome Extension. They do not consume much memory and do the exact same job that your chrome extension used to perform. So, just search for Bookmarklets and User scripts in Google and replace them with your extension.
- Also ,Make sure that you delete your browsing history (from the beginning) every now and then and also do not forget to clear stuff like cache and cookies. This will marginally help you to easy out some memory
- There is one more technique to reduce memory usage is that is by add " Purge Memory" button to the chrome memory task manager. However , I do not recommend this since it reduces only a negligible bit of memory consumption.
- Always use the latest version of Chrome